KEY ACHIEVEMENTS & MILESTONES
- Incorporation of E.A. Technique (M) Sdn Bhd, which was involved in the provision of marine consultancy services.
- Expanded the business to include marine vessel operations.
- Acquired our first product tanker, Kaikura (disposed of in 2000).
- Successfully registered ourselves with Petroliam Nasional Berhad (“PETRONAS”) and Ministry of Finance (“MOF”).
- Secured our first contract with PETRONAS Dagangan Berhad (“PETRONAS Dagangan”) for time chartering of our product tanker, namely M.T. Nautica Kluang (currently known as Princess Sofea) for a period of five (5) – year with the option to extend for one (1) additional year, which we have continually extended until end 2013.
- Obtained an additional contract from PETRONAS Dagangan for time chartering of product tankers.
- Acquired an additional 4,421 DWT product tanker, namely M.T. Nautica Mersing (dispose in 2011).
- Ventured into the operation of Liquified Petrolium Gas (“LPG”) tankers with an acquisition of a LPG tanker, namely M.T. Nautica Segamat.
- Secured a five (5)-year time charter contract for the time charter of our first LPG tanker, M.T. Nautica Segamat, which was disposed off upon completion of the contract duration.
- Obtained a contract for the time charter of two (2) harbour tugboats, namely M.V. Nautica Tg. Puteri I and M.V. Nautica Tg. Puteri II, thus marking our foray into the provision of port marine services.
- Contracted out the design and construction of our first 5,500 DWT double hull product tanker, namely M.T. Nautica Johor Bahru, which was completed in 2008.
- Sindora Berhad (“Sindora”) acquired a 51% equity stake of our Company.
- Incorporated Johor Shipyard and Engineering Sdn Bhd (“Johor Shipyard”), which is involved in shipbuilding, ship repair, and minor fabrication at a rented shipyard in Teluk Intan, Perak.
- Acquired a product tanker named M.T. Nautica Muar to service a time charter contract for a period of three (3) years with the option to extend for one (1) additional year. The vessel was subsequently converted into a FSU in 2013.
- Ventured into chartering of OSV to operators in the O&G industry in Malaysia.
- Secured three (3) time charter contracts for three (3) units of 10,000 DWT double hull product tankers for a period of ten (10)-years with the option to extend for three (3) additional years.
- Involved in the design and construction of our first 10,000 DWT double hull product tanker, namely M.T. Nautica Maharani through Johor Shipyard. The vessel was completed and delivered in 2011.
- We entered into the Subscription and Share Purchase Agreement (“SSPA”) to acquire and subscribe an aggregate of approximately 29.9% equity stake in Orkim Sdn Bhd (“Orkim”) and subsequently exercised our option to acquire an additional 1.1% in Orkim in 2011.
- Secured contract for the provision of port marine services incorporating mooring services, crew and time charter of two (2) mooring boats, namely M.V. Nautica Tg. Puteri VII and M.V. Nautica Tg. Puteri VIII for an O&G terminal in Malacca.
- Secured a time charter contract for four (4) tugboats comprising two (2) utility boats and two (2) harbour tugboats which were subsequently completed in 2011 and 2012, respectively.
- Constructed four (4) tugboats via Johor Shipyard and Engineering Sdn. Bhd.
- Johor Shipyard rented a 10-acre site at Hutan Melintang, Perak as the new location for our shipyard operations. Construction on the new shipyard which is able to accommodate vessels up to 10,000 DWT commenced in June 2013 and was completed in October 2013.
- Secured a time charter contract for our FSU. The contract commenced in 2013.
- Obtained a three (3)-year contract for four (4) marine vessels for the provision of port marine services for the Sungai Udang LEKAS Regasification Project. Three (3) out of four (4) of the vessels are chartered-in from third parties.
- Secured a three (3)-year time charter contract for one (1) of our harbour tugboats.
- Secured a one (1)-year contract for the time charter of a pressurised LPG tanker. For the contract, we chartered a 3,728 DWT LPG tanker from an external party.
- Obtained a ten (10)-year contract with an option for a two (2)-year extension to construct and operate six (6) new harbour tugboats for Northport. During the interim two (2)-year construction period, three (3) of our vessels with three (3) chartered-in vessels from third parties are currently servicing the contract.
- We disposed our entire equity stake in Orkim in April 2013.
- Secured a three (3)-year contract for the time charter of two (2) pressurised LPG tankers.
- Awarded a four (4)-year contract with option to extend for an additional two (2) years from Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd for the operations of an FSO to service the Tembikai marginal oilfields.
- Acquired an oil tanker to be converted to a Floating Storage and Offloading (“FSO”) unit to service the Tembikai marginal oilfields, namely M.T. FOIS Nautica Tembikai.
- Awarded an eighteen (18)-month contract with the option to extend for an additional sixty (60)-month via a back-to-back time charter party agreement with Libra Perfex Precision Sdn Bhd for the provision of tugboat services for the operation of a new floating gas liquefaction facility located offshore Sarawak.
- Received Letter of Award for the Provision of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning (“EPCIC”) of a Floating Storage and Offloading (“FSO”) facility for Full Field Development (“FFD”) Project, North Malay Basin valued at USD191.8 million.
- Converted into a public limited company as E.A. Technique (M) Berhad.
- Secured 5 year bareboat charter contract with Classic Marine Sdn Bhd for the provision of 1 unit fast support vessel.
- Signing of contract for the provision of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation & Commissioning (“EPCIC”) of a Floating Storage & Offloading (“FSO”) facility for Full Field Development (“FFD”) project, North Malay Basin.
- Delivery of M.T. FOIS Nautica Tembikai to Tembikai marginal oilfield for 4 year contract with option to extend for an additional 2 years.
- Secured contract for provision and operation of two (2) units of 40 tonnes bollard pull harbour tug for Kertih Port Sdn Bhd and provision of harbour tugboat cum support vessel for Petronas Penapisan (Terengganu) Sdn Bhd.
- Awarded contract for the provision and operation of two (2) units 60 tonnes bollard pull harbour tugs, one (1) unit 40 tonnes bollard pull harbour tug and one (1) unit multipurpose mooring boat by Sungai Udang Port Sdn Bhd.